This past weekend, I flew BY MYSELF to Los Angeles. The flight was so pleasant and relaxing, I had forgotten what it is like for people without kids! I went to hang out with my family and be there for my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. It was so great to hang out with my brothers. I don't get to see them very often. My kids had a blast with Mark while I was gone. They got to have Mac and Cheese for breakfast and took a trip to the toy store! Markie called me and said " Mom, Dad is going to be in so much trouble when you get home!" I am glad they have a good Dad that lets them break the rules every once in awhile!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
California
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
to bad your trip wasn't longer, we would have loved to see you! Give us a call next time your in town. Isn't nice to get a little break, I got one a couple of weeks ago, it was so nice!
Forget the trip, I'm loving the hair! You've always pulled off short hair so well. I'm glad that you had a great trip. A flight without kids sounds like some magical fantasy. I'm sure you deserved it.
I agree, talk about a new hair cut!? Super cute Meg. I remember the days when Dad babysat, great memories.
How exciting!! I think every mom should have an opportunity to get away for a bit at least once while her kids are young. I'd prefer at least once a year, but hey, we take what we can get. It's great for kids and dad, too, that's for sure! Glad you had a great trip and your boys weren't too malnourished when you returned.
Tell your boys hi from us. Rustin keeps telling me he wants to go visit Chase. "When are we eber gonna go bisit Chase!?" I hear it at least once a week. :) The 8 hour drive just doesn't register for him. Miss ya!
SO fun meg. How fun to just hang out with your siblings. Did it bring back memories.I love Markie. Fun for the kids to have dad time.
It's crazy what you can do with your free arms when you don't have kids hanging on them isn't it? Every other Saturday Jeff watches the kids for about 3 hours while I hang out with friends or do some browsing (cause let's be honest, I'm not actually doing that much shopping these days), but it's always nice to do whatever I want for a couple hours without distraction.
What a thought, let alone a reality! I'm so glad you got a great break. How'd the family do without you. I hope to read the book your dad wrote. What an accomplishment!
That's so neat to see you guys all together!! You look awesome! I don't believe you've had three kids. I love your fam. Hope all is going well for them. Glad you got to make the trip!
So fun! Love mom breaks!
LOVE your hair and shirt. You are one hot momma!
Post a Comment