I know it has taken me forever to post about christmas. You were probably thinking that we didn't celebrate but celebrate we did! My WHOLE famiy came to our house this year! It was so fun! They arrived on christmas eve to start off the party. We also had our good friends the Liddles over also and had a fabulous feast. Unfortunatly we had an 80 degree christmas and our AC was broken so we all were sweating over our meal but is was still good food and good company so we really couldn't complain. After dinner my dad read the kids the story The Legend of PaPa Noel. It is about how the cajun people guided santa to the swamp by lighting bonfires. So we went to the Bonfires they have every year in Gramercy( about 40 min away).
They set up tons of bonfires on the levee next to the Mississippi river. It was really unique and kind of dangerous. Longs on fire were rolling done the hill and huge sparks were flying everywhere. But since we are so daring, we thought it was fun.We got home really late from the bonfires and let the kids sleepily open their christmas jammies. Markie cried because he was so worried he had been bad this year and would end up with coal. But it looks like santa was forgiving this year because there were presents under our tree.


It was fun to take my family to do some of the tourist things we haven't done. We spent a day at Oak Alley Plantation. It was so beautiful and really interesting to hear all about the history of the area.
These oak trees are so huge and are 150 years old.
We left the kids behind and went to the French Quarter to see some real new orleans jazz. I could have stayed and listened all night. It was really a cool experience and I had a blast with my brothers. Before filling our ears with jazz we filled our stomachs with some famous parkway po' boys. Delish! Thanks to my fam for coming to hang in the south with us!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Christmas 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
We LUV Parkway!
Sounds like you guys had a super fun Christmas. I love you Christmas tree by the way, it looks very magical. I know my kiddos would love it.
I agree, your Christmas tree is pretty amazing, and I love the skinny jeans...super cute meg. I am SO jealous your fam came there. 80 degrees, bonfires, live jazz, I'm dying. Get me to New Orleans please! Someday soon. I'm loving watching Lyssa change so much, she is so cute and so expressive, she seems so full of personality and fun. I can't wait to know her better. AND finally, the longest comment of your life...THANK YOU! for the package. We loved opening it. I'll write more in an email! love you guys!
What a fun Christmas. Man your brothers have changed. I remember meeting them for the first time and what little kids they were now they are all grown up. I don't know why I still picture them little. Looks like Christmas was fun.miss ya. Still working on the baptism thing.
Wahoo! I'm so glad you had a fun Christmas. We missed you guys too. Looks like it was a PARTY every single day, and we'd love to come visit before you leave!
Jealous! My brother & sister-in-law just adopted a baby from New Orleans last month; they saw a fun little jazz combo at an outdoor cafe. Jealous jealous jealous!
OH THAT LOOK'S LIKE SO MUCH FUN. HOPEFULLY SOMEDAY OUR FAMILIES WILL LIVE CLOSER. SO WE CAN SPEND HOLIDAYS TOGETHER. WHO KNOW'S WHERE WE WILL BE IN A FEW YEARS. JP JUST STARTED SCHOOL, AND WE ARE PLANNING ON BYU LAW OR UCLA LAW. SO SOMEDAY WE WILL LIVE CLOSER..
Cute family. Tell Mark hi from Loya Thomas
Post a Comment