Friday, November 16, 2007

Tag, you're it!

So I was "TAGGED". I have never done one of these before but it just so happened that I was tagged by two different people on the same day. Maybe it's a sign. Anyway, enjoy because I will probably never do this again.

Six things you may not know about me.....

1. I drink a "green smoothie" for breakfast everyday, sometimes for lunch too. It actually turns out more of a dark purple color. It consists of Kale, Spinach, Berries, Banana, and OJ. It is so delicious and soooo healthy. I have never felt so good. I have a horrible sweet tooth and this really helps curb my cravings. So Instead of having 10 cookies ( which sometimes happens) I drink a smoothie and feel the nutrition seeping into my body. Yummmmm.

2. I sometimes lie about my age. When you are a young mother and live somewhere other than Utah and Idaho you may feel the same way I do. I get so many comments about how young I look. I admit that I do look even younger than my age but someone even asked me if I was twelve! Twelve? Seriously? So when I am asked how old I am( which is at least once a day)I just bump it up a year or so. I know I am a LIAR! If I am going to lie anyway I should really go for a big one and say I am sixty and just look spectacular for my age.

3. I am a minimalist. I am uncomfortable with an excess of things. My kids only have enough clothes and shoes to get them through a week. I only have one set of bed linens that I wash and put back on. I only have two pairs of jeans but my kids only have one. The only Holiday decor I own is a Christmas tree and trimmings. Maybe I am a minimalist because that is what I can afford at the moment. But saying I am a minimalist is better than saying I am poor.

4. I love high heeled shoes. I only bought my first pair of heels two years ago but I loved they way that I felt in them so I bought more. I don't go out much and you won't find me vacuuming in heels, but I wear them every Sunday to remind me that I am more than a mom, I am a WOMAN!!

5. I want to dance. I love to dance. I dance all over my house but I secretly want to learn to ballroom dance. I have rented a tape from the library ( and was so embarrassed doing it) and learned some moves. I don't think I am very coordinated and I am sure I look totally ridiculous but I just think it is so fun! I think in my past life I was a Latin dancer. There is something about the salsa and the mambo that just speaks to me!

6. I love the Water. I am happiest when I am close to a lake or the ocean. I have so many good memories by the lake and by the ocean and continue to create more. I constantly scheme up Ideas of how we can get to Hebgen Lake or go to the beach. I once took a funny quiz to see what mythical creature I am most like and it turns out I am a mermaid/siren. So maybe thats why!

Now its your turn. I tag Jane, Heidi, Rachel, Michelle, Allie, and Kristel.

7 comments:

Alisa said...

Loved it Meg! Hey, can you send me the recipe (how much of all of that stuff!) for the smoothie. I think I could use some "nutrition seeping into my body" too.

Niki McDowell said...

Hey I would like the smoothie recipe too, I really need something like that that is healthy and nummy. I'm jealous you can wear high hills. I bought some a couple of weeks ago to go with a dress I got and I couldn't walk in them worth anything, my ankles hurt so bad. I guess I can wear them if the heal isn't too skinny. But I think women look so good in them, I wish I could.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I must know you very well. I am completely blown away by the high heels though! When did that happen? Were you hiding your heels in the back of your closet when we lived by you, just waiting for the day when you were brave enough to bust them out? Remember when I used to wear high heels with my jeans in Cleveland? I still laugh at myself about that...

Anonymous said...

...and I'll probably do it again sometime in the future, so I should stop laughing now.

Yonker Family said...

Travis and I took ballroom dancing lessons when we were engaged, it was lots of fun but I don't think I can remember a single bit of what we learned, oh well. tell Mark thats what you want for your birthday:)

Unknown said...

Wow - I didn't know those things about you and I thought I knew you well.
Dad

Jane Durham said...

I only read this today! I have been way out of the blogging world, but thanks for tagging me, I loved reading about you, the real meg, not the meg that mostly posts about the real markie, chase and lyssa. Not that I don't LOVE that too. It was so fun. We should go dancing again when you're in town...tradition!