For Valentines day I decided to kill two stones with one bird, no, kill two birds with one stone. Now that I think about it, that phrase is a bit morbid. Anyway, since it is already warm here and the kids needed sandals that is what they got for valentines day. Nothing says " I love you" like a pair of imitation crocs. Chase likes to wear his on the wrong feet. MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls. DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator. I am trying to learn a new skill. Mark bought me six inch cake pans for V-day and so this was my first attempt. It is a chocolate ganache torte. Everything was made from scratch and it took forever to complete but turned out delicious.
Here is my Oreo truffle recipe. Oh so easy and Oh so good. This recipie is courtesy of Kraft.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Crocs, Cake, and Candy
1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely crushed, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
Meg, I am so impressed with the cake and chocolates. You are one talented women!
Those look so yummy. I think that I am going to try the oreo treat this week. Your cake is amazing!
YUM!!! Nice work, I love to cook/bake, but my stuff is sooo not pretty. You are very talented if I do say so myself.
Megs, you've got to come to Illinois and make me one of those tortes...it looks amazing! Well done Chef Durham!
Meg how yummy! That all looks so good and I am so glad I don't live close to you right now since I started to eat healthy again this week and that would of been just way to hard. Okay! Lyssa is so cute. I love watching he walk around. I get a little jealous every time I see you with a girl. We were always the ones with just boys. Oh well now I am in my own club. And its so cool! Mardi gras looks so fun I can't wait for next year when we go to it with you. Catch ya later.
Meg,
Fab! on the cake. What did you do the ornamentation out of on top. It's wonderful. The ganache made a really smooth look on the outside. Incredible.
Michelle
So gourmet! How do you all stay so slim and trim with all of this yummy indulgent food? I'm impressed by your dessert making skills!!!
Hi Meg! I can't remember if I've ever commented on your blog. I love to check in on you guys every now and again. Looks like life is treating you well. Your family is darling. Thanks for sharing your great recipes. I LOVE the chewy chocolate cookies you posted a while ago and I can't wait to try these delicious morsels! Take care.
Hi Megan! I saw your link on the Scholes site and thought I'd say hello. How fun that you have a darling little girl now and that you guys are in New Orleans. We finally got a boy (#4) and are living in Topeka, Kansas. Life is crazy. If I ever actually start posting on my blog, I'll send you the link! -Christy Wilson
That cakes looks to die for! Totally worth the time, I'm sure. It is a REALLY good thing I can't make something that good, cause I would eat it all!
wow meg, I'm so impressed, that cake looks amazing. I'm going to have to try those truffles, they too look delicious
oh my gosh, that cake is so fun. I need six inch cake pans! How many layers did you do there? And how did you do the top??
fun fun. Love the mardi gras post. I bet your kids loved it!
THAT'S MY GIRL!!!! love you Mom
Those look amazing and delicious!!! I would love to try to make both but I think my cake might not look that good by far. I wish I lived close to come and sample. Great job!
Wow Meghan! Looks amazing you sure did top my cookies. That 'Eat Cake' book really got you excited?! j/k Do you need taste testers, my family would LOVE to be of service. ttyl
Your cake looks great!!! Did you even make the top hearts as well? Super job! Maybe we should take a cake decorating class together b/c I want to learn as well! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!
That cake looks good...real good. How did you two even finish it? Got leftovers?
Bless you, Meg, for introducing me to those Oreo wonders. They were the only thing I distinctly remember eating at Enrichment the other night. Of course that could be that I ate about 6 of them...
Oh my cook!! That looks awesome!!
Very impressive, to bad you can't ship some of that this way. Its funny how holiday have become a way for us to supply our kids with necessities. Molly got a backpack, because hers broke about a month ago, Dillon got pjs because he has been busting out of the ones he has for the last year, and Charlee got diapers. Hey, they don't know the difference.
Holy Moly Gazolly! I just checked this post and there were 20 comments already! Gee whiz girl! Your cake turned out so beautifully- I'm sure Mark and the boys were excited to dig in. LOVED the Oreo recipe (of course) but I love anything smothered in chocolate! ;-)
You are a popular girl! I haven't been on here all month but had to comment on your talent. Wow! I love to bake but my stuff looks nothing like yours. Way to go! Keep the recipes coming. I have had such a sweet tooth lately and my jeans are starting to notice. I just saw your mom's blog. Looks like your fam is enjoying Arizona. I keep trying to tell my mom to start one.
Post a Comment