Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August

August was the busiest month for our family and I didn't want it to end! We were planning to go to Utah for Mark's brother Jacob's wedding but ended up going early because of the passing of his Grandma, Annette Richards, who we loved dearly. After the sadness of the funeral there was no better place to be than Hebgen Lake. We spent over a week at Hebgen and we loved every second of it. The Cabin was packed with the whole Durham side minus Jane because she was having a baby. The boys learned to knee board, survived Grandpa pulling them in the tube, enjoyed grandmas candy stash, caught and squished many frogs, learned to golf, fed the horses, and loved playing in the secret hideout with all of their cousins. By the end of our trip Chase was convinced the everyone we met was his cousin.

After a week in Heaven we went back to Utah to get ready for the wedding of Jacob and Liz(who is perfect for him). The wedding was so wonderful and I wish I had the pictures to prove it. It was so sweet to be there for their temple wedding.

While we were there, Ben and Jane had their sweet baby, Peter Benjamin, who is still in the hospital but is making good progress.

There were so many huge events that happened in the three weeks that we were there. We loved being there with the family instead of on the other side of the country like we usually are.

The Cabin that housed twelve adults and thirteen grandkids.




4 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you guys had a busy few weeks, but at least it looks very relaxing at the cabin. To bad we couldn't have sneaked over to say hello.

3 Men and a lil lady... said...

Hey Meg!
What a beautiful resort...I mean cabin! Don't you wish you could do that all summer? Anyway I wanted to tell you that you are welcome to drive up to Dallas if Gustav is coming in your direction. We would love to have ya.
Karee

Will and Wendy Richards said...

UM YA YOU SAID IT PERFECTLY. I don't think it should of ended it was so fun being with you guys. I hope you are all safe right now.

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

fun fun! We had a busy and fun month too. I was thinking about you this morning and hoping that you guys are headed out of town before Gustave joins you!