Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lyssa's 2nd Birthday!

Lyssa turned 2! We love this little girl so much and it was great to spoil her for the day! We had some of her friends over in the morning to help us celebrate by decorating/demolishing cupcakes. Then we had our own family party at night where the presents just kept coming! Thank you to all the grandparents for sending presents here! She loved them all! We are so excited for here to have some girl toys. She has been getting used to playing with all the boys stuff so having baby dolls around has been so much fun for her!

A few things about Lyssa at age 2; She loves to sing and dance. She loves to boss the boys around. She melts her daddy's heart. She starts a conversation with anyone she sees. She will eat anything! She loves to wrestle with the boys but is devastated when they hurt her. She loves to imagine and pretend mostly about eating food. She is very hard to say no too.




This is the cake I made for Lyssa. She ate off all the chocolate polka dots!
Lyssa was nice enough to get the boys a present, I am sure you can tell that they were pretty happy about it!

13 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

I can't believe she is 2 already, time does fly. And I can't believe her blonde hair, maybe one day I will have a blonde child. Looks like the boys did luck out, my boys love that movie, we rented it for them last night and they have been acting it out all day, probably will have to be a Christmas present. Anyways, Happy Birthday Lyssa!

Melissa said...

She is the cutest little thing. She looks so much bigger and her hair is getting so long. Oh and I LOVE the cake!

Jeni said...

Thank you for inviting me to your party, Lyssa. I had fun painting on my head!
-Calyn Mangum

The Larsons said...

Wow! Where does the time go? She is too cute. I wouldnt' be able to say no to her either. Very cute cake.

Yo Mama said...

A couple of things: 1. LOVE that new family pic at the top. so cute. My family never has luck in that department. We always end up looking like we don't really know each other. 2. That cake looks so good. Both to look at and eat. I, too, would have eaten the chocolate dots off of it. How do you get your frosting that smooth?

Annika said...

Man I remember when Markie was about 2 and you guys were babysitting my family while our parents were gone. I swear that was yesterday!

Jane Durham said...

meg, that cake is darling. what are the chocolate disks? I want to do that. Lyssa is SO cute! I can't believe how fun it is to watch her after two boys. She is so herself and so girly. I can't wait to know her better. I can just hear the words coming out of Markie's mouth in the Kung Fu Panda picture. "Oh, Cool!" love the new pic up top by the way. I want to hear about the trip you and mark took by the way.

Jake said...

Oh my heck, your little girl is so cute. She will be a heartbreaker for sure. Looks like she had a great birthday.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe how big she looks with her long hair. Your cake is so cute too. It looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's 2! I could have sworn her birthday was in December. Anyway, Happy Birthday cute girl!

{z} said...

Meg...that cake is adorable! It looks like it was a fun girly girl party!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

Found ya on your high school blog with Emmett. I am pretty sure the last time I saw you was at your 14th birthday or something. I have seen your mom and brothers since, but not you. Good to see you. Our blog is emmettandashlee.blogspot.com.

rachel said...

Ya that cake looks so yummy!I hate that we are not getting together with you guys this week. Just not as cool. Happy Birthday Lyssa. Such a cool cake.