Sunday, November 30, 2008

Non- Traditional Traditions


I had to post this picture of Chase at his preschool feast. It makes me laugh every time I see it.
This 0ur family's version of thanksgiving dinner. Since I have a family of picky eaters who are anti- turkey, I make everyone's favorite food for our big feast. This year the kids went easy on me by choosing pizza for their favorite food, Mark requested chips and salsa from chili's, and Lyssa wanted juice and cake. This was the easiest thanksgiving meal I ever made and everyone was happy!

On Thanksgiving day we took off to a place I am thankful for. We drove to Orange Beach and stayed the night and spent two fabulous days on the beach. We LOVED it! This kids had so much fun they didn't want to leave. It was so nice and relaxing and unbelievably beautiful!
We may not have had the most traditional holiday, but it was memorable.





9 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Thanksgiving on the beach? Sounds awesome to me!!!

Ortiz Family said...

marky was bragging to everyone about his pizza for thanksgiving and being at the beach. i know for sure he had a good time.

hebgengirl said...

I love that you served pizza! Ben (my PICKIEST! eater) had Uncrustables for his feast. Grandpa Richards just couldn't believe I wouldn't make him eat turkey. I should let him see your blog. Then he'd know I'm not the only crazy mom out there. Bravo!

Lexi said...

I love that you've had a non-traditional Thanksgiving the last two years. Less stress for you and you know the food will be eaten and appreciated! You and Mark look adorable in that last picture together. That one needs to go in a frame! I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Jake said...

meg, it looks like you had a great thanksgiving. i would love to go to the beach. your family is adorable.

The Porter's said...

I love the picture of you and mark.

Jane Durham said...

I love hearing about your thanksgiving. It will become a really special non-tradition just you wait and see. looks soo fun at the beach! you seem more like a beach/california girl. jealous of warm weather! love you guys, happy thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, Chase is so funny! That picture makes me laugh too. So cute. Your beach vacation looks amazing. We are jealous! Fun, fun! I'll bet my Thanksgiving was less stressful than even yours though because I didn't make a thing but pie. ;)

Kim said...

I was waiting to see what the Thanksgiving dinner requests were this year. I love your non-traditional dinner. I'm glad everybody ends up happy. I am so jealous you were also on the beach in November.