Monday, April 19, 2010

Chubby Little Guy

Lyssa's insistence on naming our baby boy "Chubby little Guy", turned out to be prophetic. Mason joined our family on April 13th at 8:11am weighing in a 9lbs 90z and measuring 21 1/2 in long. He out weighed all the babies in the nursery by several lbs.


The c-section was so fast and went well, the recovery process is long but I feel a little better every day. He is worth it! The kids adore him and think his crazy newborn faces are hilarious! Mason is a good newborn and eats constantly to keep up his manly physique.
Fresh from the hot tub! My doctor is saying, "This is one big baby!" in her southern accent.
The kids meeting him for the first time. Excuse me if I look a bit drugged.


We couldn't be happier to have Mason in our family!

22 comments:

mccready's said...

I'm so happy to see pictures of this little (er I mean big) guy! I've heard all about him. I love Chase's face in the second to last picture. Haha! I can't wait to meet Mason myself!

Melissa said...

Congrats! He is so cute. I wish I could be there to hold him and to have an excuse to watch that cute little Lyssa. Your kids are adorable. Let me know how 4 is :)

By the way have you decided where you are going to end up next year?

Alisa said...

Congrats Megs and family! He's so cute...love the chubby babies! Glad to know everyone is doing well!

Niki McDowell said...

Congrats! 9lbs 9oz! He is a big boy, but so cute! I love his cheeks, reminds me of Dax's cheeks. Mason is a darling name, we are so happy for you! Such a cute little family. Love Lyssa's dress, Mckynlee has the exact same one.

megan&steve said...

Congratulations! You all look great. I'm so glad Mason made it here safely.
Can't wait to see you & the fam in Utah this summer.

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Hee hee! What a chunker indeed! He is darling :D. Congratulations you guys!

rachel said...

That second picture from the bottom says it all. I love Chase's expression. It is so neat to see you guys with four. You guys are great parents.

stacy said...

he is such a darling baby! so sweet i can almost smell his sweetness. :) huge!!!! congratulations!!!!!

Amy said...

Hooray he's here and cute as ever! Congratulations on 3 boys and a girl. We need to chat. When do you move? Not to stress you out or anything. We just can't wait to see your darling family.

DustLinz Anderson Family said...

oooooh..I love the chubby ones!! What a cutie! Hope you're recovering well...can't wait to meet him :-)

DustLinz Anderson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

He's seriously so adorable!! I love those chubby roles. We are anxious to meet him! I hope all is going well with your recovery.

Jane Durham said...

look at Chase's big eyes! such fun pictures. you are all the best. love you!

Bethany said...

What a big boy! Congrats!!

Jeni said...

That's Calyn's birthday!!! Congratulations...aren't c-section babies so pretty? Their perfect, round heads and non-bruised up faces? Recovery does kinda blow. Getting up the first time after I had Logan was AWFUL. I cried and cried. At least you get some nice drugs, right? Oh, and a sweet baby:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jeni...he is a really gorgeous baby! All those chubby, perfectly pink rolls! (When I had the ginormous Cole naturally, it wasn't quite as pretty..) Your instincts were right that he was huge. So glad everything went well, and I hope your belly is feeling better. I can't wait to see you all either!

Shannon said...

Congratulations!! I can hardly imagine that darling chubby baby fitting inside of little you. He couldn't look more perfect. He reminds me of my Carston who also dwarfed all of the other babies in the nursery! Good job! He is beautiful!

Melissa said...

I love the siblings' expressions! Priceless. Can't wait to meet him.

Andrew and Candice Heaton said...

So So cute. Don't move. Please.
We love you guys and are so happy for you.

katie said...

CHUBBERS!! Oh, he is yummy! Love his name and all the cute pictures of your kids admiring their new bro! Congrats

Tracey said...

Congratulations!!!!! I'm glad that things went well and hope the recovery continues to go okay.... c-sections are rough but I promise, when you hit the 6 week mark (I don't know why that standard number actually matters but it did), you will start to feel significant improvement! Best of luck with 4!!!

{z} said...

congrats meg! it's really crazy you have 4 kids. i'm curious about the csection. i might have to get one. can you email me and we can talk more about it?